I had an idea for what to write this evening, but my son suggested watching A Bridge Too Far, and that was the evening gone.
It’s too late now to start writing what I was going to write, but rather than just sit down each day and write the first thing that comes in to my head, here are a few things that I may (no promises) write about at some point during the Blaugust marathon:
- Changing lineups in bands (that was going to be tonight’s)
- “Event” cinema (a favourite topic) and comparison between live and broadcast performance (if I manage to get along to the cinema screening of Othello on 26th August)
- Fantasy sports
- More film posts, depending on what I get to
- More on boardgames
- A piece on Hiyao Miyazaki’s The Wind Rises that’s been brewing in my mind for a while, but I need to watch it again first
- Possibly a piece on why Heaven’s Gate isn’t the stinker its reputation suggests (in my opinion)
- My wife’s shop (once we get the website running)
- Reflections on blogging (obviously: if I’m committing to a 31-day regime like Blaugust, I’m going to do some kind of “lessons learned” exercise on it)
- The UK Electricity Market, with a particular emphasis on Smart Metering (if I get really desperate for something to write about, and so long as I don’t expect any views or likes that day)
- Stuff I like – music, films, books. games – which I guess is part of what blogging is about, sharing stuff about yourself on the chance that someone out there will connect.
I haven’t had time to tackle today’s Blogging 101 exercise, which is about About – building your About page to introduce yourself to people passing through. Maybe I’ll just post this list on there – it says a lot about me.